Monday, July 8, 2013

What's for dinner?

Wow..it has been a 3 months since I intended to post this. All I will say is LIFE...But there it go...enjoy:
I don't know about you but I needed some carbs and felt like making a pastry my mother used to make for us all the time. I have to mention that our little one refuses to eat purees and shows interest in everything we eat and in feeding herself. So anything that is soft and nutritious is worth making. At 10 months Little One have had pretty much everything (but honey) and I love that she likes the taste of our Eastern European dishes. So I decided to make Cheesy Rolls for dinner, knowing Andrea will try something new and will be dinner for all of us. But don't let the name fool you!!! Those rolls are a dinner alone, they have 3 types of cheese, butter and olive oil, eggs and plain yogurt. Sounds good to you?!? Well for the ones that are interested to make them yourself, let me tell you, they are done in 45 min. If you have a bread machine, all you need to do is to put the ingredients and set it on dough or any setting really, you need about 10 min of mixing.
The ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used all purpose)
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (the original recipe calls for 1 cup but I added also other types of cheese, which I had on hand)
1 cup cottage cheese
3 slices Gooda cheese (any type really would be fine; mozzarella is the best as it melts)
1 cup of yogurt
1 tea spoon baking soda + 1/2 ts baking powder
1 tea spoon salt
1/3 cup olive oil
You can work the dough by hand or in the bread machine for about 10 min. Once you have a smooth dough, make smaller balls by tearing pieces (size is a preference). Place them into a greased baking sheet and make a little holes in which you place a piece of butter and little piece of cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 min or until golden brown.
The result:


 
I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment